Friday, October 17, 2008

Fondue Fun

This week we celebrated a birthday for my future son-in-law. We already consider him a member of the family. He and baby girl love to go to on special dates to a restaurant that specializes in fondue. I thought that I would surprise him with a fondue pot for his birthday, well Kyna wanted to get in on the fun as well, she found a pot at a garage sale that was still in the box and never used, and I found one at a resale shop (a really good one that you can use to cook meat) That means there were three pots, enough for a full fledged meal. Cheese, meat and dessert.

Then after looking around for a cookbook to go along with the pots, we found that this fondue restaurant was coming out with their own cookbook. So Kyna tried to order it on-line, and it was sold out. I happen to go right by the restaurant every day, so I went in and picked it up. It was more expensive than ordering it, but we were sure to get it in time for his birthday then.

So He loved the pots, and he and Kyna had a lot of fun, purchasing the ingredients and making a really great batter, several kinds of condiments, and we had the best meal. Even Husband, came out of his dungeon (aka world or war craft) to participate (this was a wonder of all wonders)

My Kitchen might not recover for a while....

Weight watchers starts on Saturday. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

No comments: