Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Beginnings

I have quite a lot going on in my life at the moment.

My Daughter got engaged to her boyfriend, and while I am thrilled, I am also hoping that they don't plan to be married too soon. He fiance is in between jobs, suffers from depression, that he takes medicine for and is about to be out of it because of the expense. He is somewhat trying to find another job, but not as hard as I hoped he would. I think it is because he just is not sure how to go about it. I am going to have to spend some time helping him, and planning a wedding the I can't afford all the while trying my hardest to get daughter to look into going to school. She wants to, but I will have to really push to get her up and at it.

My Son has gotten his first apartment, and he moved his Girlfriend in with him. I love her, but I think he should have tried it without her for a while. The main reason he moved out, was because she wanted to get out of her Grandmother home, and I can't blame her for that. It was hard for her. She is a young mother already (two year old daughter with her abusive ex boyfriend) D-son love the Little child as his own and I am happy for him. I guess that I am un-officially, "Nana Karen"

I am a little aprenhensive about my Children both putting the cart before the horse in thier relationships, but they are both old enought to make those decisions, and I believe that they have found relationships that are for the most part Healthy and are both being very responsible.

I am happy for them, and love both my "New Kids" (in-laws) My Son in Law - treats me like I am his mother (He does not have one) My Daughter in Law - not so much just yet, but I am working on her.

I am moving my sewing stuff into my sons old bedroom, wow a room of my own. Can wait.

No comments: