Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Empty Nest and New Found Family

This post is way past due.

1st, I am having to deal with empty nest. I thought I couldn't wait for empty nest, but I am finding it lonley. My Son moved out early in the summer (May I think) with his girlfriend. The girlfriend did not work out (I'm happy about that), but you never know, she may work out one day. I know he loves her, but she just has some issues that are hard to get past. Now my Daughter has begun a job, that she works different hours than me. afternoons till 10:00 PM and on weekends. My son-in-law (I feel like he is my son as well) started a job working nights.

My Husband works weekends and when he is not working, he is glued to his computer. I fix his meal and set it in front of him as his computer and that is about all I see of him. (I guess we are really disfunctional.

So this weekend, I decided I was not longer going to stay home and feel sorry for my self, so I went to a quilt show all by myself. I enjoyed it. So next week, more quilting. and maybe I will go see a movie alone. I don't mind shopping alone, and going to some things, but I can't go out to eat alone, don't need to anyway. Thinking about joining weightwatchers. I have some health issues I really need to work on.


But this week I found someone new "Family wise"

Both my brothers have kids that do not live with them. My youngest brother, while he was divorced, had a child with his girlfriend. He got back together with his wife, so they chose to not keep ties with his daughter. My mother was heartbroken, but it was his girlfriends wishes, and he choose to abide by them. She is very young, maybe 4 or 5 I think.

But my older brother, found out just this year that he also had a child. He did not know about her. Her mother and he broke up just out of highschool (30 years ago). She left him for his best friend. It was a really roughe time in his life, and for a while, we thought that he might not bounce back from it. but he did. Well one weekend, a few years after she left him, she came back into his life, it was just a long weekend affair. I know it was not right, but he was not quite over her at that time. It was before he met his now Wife.

This ex-girlfriend was really wild and had substance abuse problems and this past summer she called him. She said that she was in recovery and need to make some things right. She told him that she got pregnant as a result of that weekend affiar and he had a daughter. He was shocked. We all were, as well as hurt, that she kept this info from him. She made him promise that he could not contact the girl. We did not even know her last name. All we knew was her name was Dusty and she was 29 years old. He graduated from Haltom High School, and was now married and living in Washington DC. She had 4 little kids.

Well I did not promise that I would not try to find her, so you guessed it. I found her thru "Isearch.com" I knew her fathers name, he had a myspace account, and dusty was linked as one of his friends. It worked out that My daughter also had a myspace and we were able to send her a message. We did not tell her that Bro was her dad, but she read between the lines and her mother had to tell her the truth. She called my Bro and they had a two hour conversation.

The are now in the process or ordering a paternity test to verify the truth.

Well I was in hotwater for a little while with the Girls mother (it's ok.) She told me years ago, that she did not like me, because I protected my brother too much. My Brother's wife thought I overstepped my bounds as well. Maybe I did, but I could not see him going thru his life not knowing her, especially after them losing thier Daughter in law and grandchild. I trully acted out of love for him.

Sorry Bro and Dusty if I got too snoopy. But hey, you kept your word. You did not try to find her, but Lil Sis did.

Love you.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

I think you did the right thing. The mother should never even have told him if she didn't want him to contact his daughter. That is completely unfair. I'm glad they finally found each other. Good for you.